When to Engage an Architect or Approved Engineer
for Design and Construction Observation

Note: An unlicensed person who wishes to offer or perform design services pursuant to any of the exemptions must not use any form of the word "architect" in connection with the offer or performance of design services.   Pursuant to HB 2284 (82nd Texas Legislature, effective September 1, 2011), a limited number of professional engineers may render architectural services on nonexempt projects.

Verify the registration status of a design professional.
Hobby Building : 333 Guadalupe, Suite 2-350, Austin Texas 78701 : Telephone (512) 305-9000 : Fax (512) 305-8900
Copyright © 2005-2019, Texas Board of Architectural Examiners