The Architect Registration Examination Financial Assistance Fund (AREFAF) was created by the Seventy-sixth Legislature of the state of Texas.
The award is a one-time reimbursement of $500 for taking the Architect Registration Examination. The awards are presented three times each year. The application deadlines are January 31, May 31, and September 30.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have resided in Texas for at least 18 months immediately preceding the date of application
- Have passed sections of the exam for which the combined fees total at least $500
- Have been approved for examination by TBAE and paid all required fees
- Have not been disciplined or been the subject of a pending enforcement proceeding by an architectural registration board
- Meet established financial requirements. On December 1, 2006, the income maximums (adjusted gross income as shown on most recent income tax return) were raised to $52,000 (filing status single) and $75,000 (filing status married) and $63,500 (Head of Household).
Apply for an Award
- Download and print a scholarship application.
Please contact the Exam Coordinator at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about the scholarship program.